Saturday, April 23, 2011

Paranoia


Forgive me for my vanity, but I felt like I must come clean and share a paranoia that I've struggled with my whole life! Since we are friends, I feel like it's time to let you know that one of my biggest fears is my hair changing colors...as in...GETTING DARKER! Laugh all you want, but be assured, this is no laughing matter for me! I'm the only blonde in my family, and I don't think my dad meant to, but I blame him for the root of this paranoia. I can remember being a young teen and he would affectionately pat my head and say "It's still blond". You see, his hair turned from blonde to brown somewhere during his 10 yr run of buzz cuts, and by the time he was fashionable enough for the bowl cut he then discovered he was a brunette. I just want to throw out a little disclaimer, there is nothing wrong with brunettes! My whole family is filled with them. Brown is a very pretty shade, but I don't think it'd be a pretty shade on me.
 
The trials of having naturally blonde hair included some annoying jokes in middle school, forever being sunburnt because fair skin is often a side effect, a few bad perms and pool incidents where the chemicals tinted my hair green, and of course...trying to maintain a perfect, natural color. Since I'm a natural and had a pretty shade throughout the years my mom has never let me dye my hair. Even at the ripe old age of almost 26 I still have never dyed/high lighted/ low lighted/ etc. I do however rely on quality hair products and some natural UV exposure. Some of you know that I have a sunroof in my car (which I love) but did you know that I pretty much open it whenever I can so my hair gets touched and lightened by natural sun exposure? Ridiculous, I know. And when it comes to hair products I LOVE John Frieda's Sheer Blonde collection. Aside from the fact that "Blonde" is part of the title I do believe he makes a good product. I love the smell and feel of my hair after using his shampoo and conditioner. I will occassionally use the clear gloss product to increase shine and add a little texture. I swear by his hairspray! It has changed my life...I mean, my hair! This hairspray has just the right amount of hold and flexibility AND shine!
 
 
               Lustrous Touch® Strengthening Shampoo       Highlight Activating Enhancing Conditioner       Crystal Clear Shape & Shimmer Hairspray
 
And as if dear John did not already know I was a sucker for his products he has now launched this new one: Spray On Highlights. (as seen here: http://www.refinery29.com/spray-on-highlights-are-back-for-all-the-diy-ombre-you-can-handle )
This is where I come to my moral dilemma, am I cheating myself out of being able to say "I've never colored my hair" if I use this product?
Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray

No comments:

Post a Comment