Sunday, August 7, 2011

Saturday

Today I had a "Me day". Do you ever have one of those? If not, I highly recommend finding the time to do so! I had no set agenda and no obligations to anyone but myself. I spent my morning sleeping in w/o an alarm. I took my sweet time getting ready for the day. I made a few phone calls to family and friends back East. I drove into the city and found the California upscale equivalent of Gabriel Brothers/Rugged Warehouse. The first floor is filled with designer brands, as in it was originally $1200 and now it's marked down to $400. I enjoyed looking, but wasn't tempted since none of them were a) petite and b) my size. I headed upstairs where it was a bit more mainstream. There was a large volume of the same items, but I'd say for the most part very well priced and arranged. I ended up walking away with 2 shirts and 1 sweater that were originally sold at Anthropologie (one of my favorite stores) for $17-35 AND my first Michael Kors (one of my favorite designers) purse which originally sold for almost $400. It was a good deal, but I'm a bit shy to say how much I paid for a purse...but it is a really pretty purse! Let's put it this way, I had the option of going whitewater rafting again or for almost the same price buying a purse which will last years. Guess I already gave away the answer for which I chose!







Of course after 2 hours in this little slice of heaven on earth I had worked up an appetite. I'd recently read an article from Refinery 29 about the best places to get ice cream in the city. Due to location I chose Mr.&Mrs. Miscellaneous and I was not disappointed! They had quite a unique mix of flavors and it's hard not to be the obnoxious girl and ask to try all of them. I was only going to get 1 scoop, but the 2 flavors I tried were both so good & interesting. I know, you're dying to know which ones I picked. Here are my options:



...And I chose the basil chocolate chip and the rum raisin!

I took my ice cream to go and headed just a short drive down to the Giant's stadium where I took in the sights of the harbor and a few remaining fans lingering about after their loss today. No wonder why the weather was overcast, I think its only sunny when the Giants win. I finished my time in the city with a walk near the Bay Bridge.

I headed home to the ever exciting task of laundry. I finally unpacked from my trip last weekend, and while doing so I got caught up on The Glee Project via Hulu. This is a guilty pleasure...just like listening to Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.

While I loved spending last Saturday in KY with my sister & parents, and the one before that with my guests from LA, I do find myself to be good company and really enjoyed today's relaxed pace. What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment