Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tourist Day

These next 2 weeks are going to be pretty bittersweet as I wrap up my last days in NorCal. I've thoroughly enjoyed my 7 months out here, and while I have loved living in NorCal there is a part of me that greatly misses the East Coast and the family and friends I've left behind there. I've made some great friends out here, and I hope this is a place I can visit many more times in the future. The Bay area will forever have a place in my heart. 

On Monday I took a few hours to be a tourist and my friend Anne was gracious enough to tag along and take some photos for me. Here are a few highlights of our time together: 

Ordering some legit Dim Sum, where everything
was in Chinese and pointing worked as the
universal language.
I was pretty happy with my 90 cent
BBQ pork bun.
(can't take the Southern outta the girl, even in Chinatown!)

View of the Bay Bridge/ferry/San Fan

Me and the BB
I LOVE the Ferry Building. The architecture
is great, and there are tons of great
shops/restaurants inside.
I also LOVE cheese, so finding this cafe
right next to one of my favorite salvage
stores (Jeremy's) was a big win!



I think the next few days I have off will include packing, a trip to Napa and probably a bit more sightseeing! I still haven't made it to Alcatraz...but that can always wait until the next time I visit! Hope you enjoyed the briefness of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment