Monday, May 30, 2011

Saturdays Away part 1

As promised, I went to visit Jenn the other week. I hadn't been to SLO for a few months, and with her hubby having to work a few weeks of night shift, it was a perfect time to visit and get some quality girl time! We started off right with dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant in downtown San Luis Obispo (home of Cal-Poly). After some great conversation, we missed the early movie and opted to wait out the next showing at Barnes and Noble. The movie was well worth the wait! I'd been wanting to see Bridesmaids ever since seeing commercials for it! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all things SNL and especially the women who've been a part of their sketches! Plus, I've been down the isle quite a few times as a bridesmaid so I felt like I could identify with this plot. Fortunately nothing this crazy has happened at any of the weddings I've been a part of. It's just SO SO SO funny! You have to go see it! We laughed so hard we cried!

The next morning we re-lived my first visit to her house a year before by getting some Old West Cinnamon Rolls...seriously, THE best, after my mom's of course!

Then we went down to Avala Beach for some coffee.

 Next stop was to a pier to see some Elephant Seals...and man, were they big!


 We made our way to a cute little downtown where we did some window shopping and some real shopping at the local farmer's market. Jenn convinced me to get an artichoke and gave me an easy recipe on how to prepare it. Sure, I grew up eating artichoke in dips or salads, but didn't know anything about how to pick a good one, let alone how to cook one!

We came home to the good news that her hubby had the night off so I headed home to PA. I'm always so thankful for my time with Jenn, and I can't help but think that she's opened my eyes to some new possibilities of things that I can do with my life, outside of nursing, and that's all I'm gonna say for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment