Monday, May 30, 2011

Saturdays Away part 2

This past Saturday I had the option of staying at home alone, cleaning my apartment, grocery shopping etc., and preparing for my parents visit...or I could go watch some friends jump out of planes. I chose the second option and joined Lana, her husband Brendan, and Joey on their way just north of wine country for sky diving. They each had a groupon for it, and since I have a hard time doing things that could potentially injure myself, and since my job can't be done well on crutches, I volunteered myself as photographer. The weather was great...until we got there :( As they each signed away their lives promising not to sue the clouds came, then the sprinkles, and their take off time got delayed. We went to town to grab lunch and then it progressed to raining. We decided to make the most of our day, so they rescheduled their skydiving date and since we had to drive through wine country we made a few stops on the way home!



Props to Joey for some great recommendations. There are over 400 vineyards and it's easy to be overwhelmed by all the choices. The first place we visited was Frank Farms and we knew it had to be good since Oprah had visited! They had a delicious champagne with a green apple finish...yum!



Our second stop was Prager & Port, where they had quite a unique decor and we couldn't help but add to it!




Thanks to Joey, Brendan and Lana for a great day of adventure and friendship! As always, I'm looking forward to my next trip to Napa & surrounding areas. If you are ever visiting this area, go north of Napa! There are some cute towns and tons of vineyards near Calistoga and Helena and the wine is just as good, just not as commercialized! 

No comments:

Post a Comment