Friday, September 7, 2012

I'm going to Europe!!!

It's always been a dream of mine to travel throughout Europe and I can officially say that the dream is about to be a reality! On Monday I leave for almost a month of touring throughout London, Paris, Munich, and Ireland!

How did all of this come about? Well, my friend Tonya is travel nursing in London and has been in England since last January. I promised that I would come visit and finally the timing has worked for both of us! We will have a few days in London together before traveling to Paris for a WEEK! We'll be making 2 day trips while in town, one to Normandy for the D-Day memorial and another to Versailles and the Monet Gardens, and then spend the rest of our time wandering around Paris! We'll then take the train to Munich, Germany for the first wkd of Oktoberfest which will be filled with lots of fun parades, costumes, beer, and tons of people! Next we go back to London and Tonya will work a few shifts so I'll play tourist on my own (thank goodness it's English speaking!) and then we'll go to Ireland with some of Tonya's friends.

It's been a challenge trying to pack mix'n'matching outfits for a whole month! Hopefully my suitcase weighs in ok! I'll try to post pictures throughout my travels to keep everyone updated and reassured that I'm still alive...just busy having lots of fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment