Monday, September 10, 2012

The Journey Begins



Monday 9/10/12


I woke up early, did a last minute run through on my suitcase and carry on bag, cleaned my room (who wants to come home to a dirty room?), said goodbye to my roommate, made a stop at Sbux for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and hit the road right on time, leaving Charlottesville in the rear view. Today was the day! I'm crossing the big pond to have an even bigger adventure!


I drove up to Baltimore w/o any traffic problems, met up with my friend Alicia (she was so kind to babysit my car for me during my trip so I didn't pay an arm & leg to airport parking lots), drove to Dulles airport again w/o any traffic issues and had a nice leisurely dinner and dessert together (Chipotle and Sweet Frog).

It wasn't until we were pulling into the airport that the butterflies in my stomach started and it was all sinking in, "I am leaving the COUNTRY! I'LL BE GONE ALMOST A MONTH!" I know that lots of other people do this and some for way longer (shout out to Missionaries & Military peeps) but not me! I'm just 5'1" Lindsey Kraft, travel nurse within America! Who am I to go on this fabulous European adventure?!

I checked in, my bag was actually 10 lbs under weight,  and made my last minute calls to the family. This is it! It's happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment